Dancing with the Uncertainty – Trials and Transformations in Central and Eastern Europe, 1989 to COVID-19
29th June – 3rd July 2020
Organized by the Institute of Advanced Studies Kőszeg (iASK) and the Institute for Social and European Studies (ISES), in cooperation with the University of Pannonia, Erasmus+ Program, and the UNESCO Chair of Kőszeg
ISU 2020 is special this year for two reasons: it is the 25th anniversary of our summer universities in Kőszeg, and with the COVID-19 situation it will be our first online ISU.
Our goal is to review the last three decades and the present, and answers to the question: where are we heading?
Europe and Central Europe
• Paradoxes of Central Europe 30 Years After: Illusions and Realities of Integration
• Alternatives as seen from Southeastern Europe
• Economic Crisis and Resilience in East Central Europe
• The Singapore Syndrome: Lessons for Central Europe
• Russia and Central Europe
• KRAFT: Introducing the Creative Cities and Sustainable Regional Cooperative Strategy
• Security and Defence Cooperation in Central Europe
Systems in Distress: The Future of Europe after Covid-19
• Learning from the Pandemics of Communism, Fascism, and Neo-liberalism
• Pandemics and the Future
• Risk Perception and Cultural Rationality
• In Praise of Democracy: The Role of Diplomacy and the UN: Are International Organizations Adapting to Global Change?
• The Future University