The Institute of Advanced Studies Kőszeg (iASK) is launching a fellowship program to support the research of young scholars who are completing or have recently completed their doctoral studies on the topic of V4 countries and/or Central Europe. The fellowship offers access to the resources of iASK to exceptionally talented young researchers so they can work on their proposed topic. The fellowships are open to all academic disciplines in the humanities and social sciences.
Topics that the proposals should be directed towards:
- forms of cooperation among the V4 countries
- the viability of V4+ (i.e. the extension of V4)
- international relations between the countries of Central Europe and Europe’s neighbors (Russia, Turkey, The Balkans)
- The role of Central Europe within the processes of European integration
The selected fellows will be invited to spend 3–6 months starting in February or March 2020 at iASK to pursue their research projects. Fellows will receive a stipend of EUR 1200 (400,000HUF) per month to cover accommodation, living expenses, travel and visa, health insurance and any incidental costs related to their stay in Kőszeg.
In addition, iASK provides fellows with office space, including internet access, in-house research and administrative facilities as well as other services free of charge. The fellows will join the scholarly community and participate in the activities of the Institute.
When considering to apply, please note that selected fellows consent to spend at least 75% of their grant period in residence in Kőszeg.
- PhD candidates who have completed their coursework
- Post-doc researchers with a PhD
- Researchers of all nationalities who demonstrate excellent academic potential are encouraged to apply.
Applications must be submitted electronically to email@example.com and should include:
- application form (downloadable)
- declaration of honour (downloadable)
- project proposal in English (max. 4-5 pages with 1.5 space)
- a curriculum vitae in English (max. 2 double-spaced pages)
- a list of publications
- two letters of recommendation by scholars familiar with the applicant’s academic work
Please submit all your application materials as PDF files!
Deadline for Application:
The deadline for application is 26 January 2020 (midnight).
The finalists will be selected by a jury of experts. Applicants will be notified of the decision electronically shortly after the application deadline.
The jury is not required to publicly justify its decisions, nor to provide applicants individual feedback on their applications.
Download the application documents here: