The library stock includes about 5500 volumes covering mostly the fields of social sciences. During the last extension, natural science books were also added to the stock. Dictionaries, and encyclopaedias enrich the library’s offerings while those looking for a light reading can choose from literary works as well.
The Institute undertakes publishing activities, iASK volumes and items of the KRAFT series are available in our library.
The systematization of books is carried out through the Eurovoc multilingual thesaurus, that is covering the field in which the European Communities are active; it provides a means of indexing the documents in the documentation systems of the European Institutions and of their users.
In addition to books, the collection also includes printed and electronic periodicals as well as subscribed databases thus widening the spectrum of services offered by the library.
Students of the University of Pannonia Kőszeg Campus and researchers and staff of iASK can borrow books of the stock.
Currently, the following databases are accessible via our library computers:
- Dictionaries of Akadémiai Kiadó
- Arcanum Digitheca
- Cambridge Journals HSS Package
- Oxford Art Online
- Oxford Music Online
- Oxford University Press Journals – Social Sciences Collection
- JSTOR Art & Sciences X and Sustainability Collections
- ProQest Central – access required from the Librarians
- ProQuest Dissertations & Thesis Global – acces required from the Librarians
The following journals are available in the Library (printed edition):
- The New York Times International Edition
- Die Presse
- Frankfurter Allgemeine Zeitung
- Insight Turkey
- Foreign Affairs
Online edition (access required from the librarians):
- The New York Review of Books
- Foreign Affairs
- Foreign Policy
- London Review of Books
- Russia in Global Affairs
- JCMS: Journal of Common Market Studies
- West European Politics
- Journal of European Public Policy
- Defense & Security Analysis