Call for Applications – iASK Research Scholarships 2018
The Institute of Advanced Studies Kőszeg (iASK) invites applications for its research grant program from all scientific disciplines for the period of 1 April – 30 June and 1 September – 31 December 2018 for the maximum of 6 months.
Preference will be given to applications focusing on interdisciplinary social science and humanities OR to applications in the natural sciences but with a social scientific relevance. Topics that can directly relate to the research centres and programs of iASK are also preferred. Research proposals should connect theoretical knowledge with practical analysis that has the potential to result in concrete policy recommendations.
The topics of interest for the year of 2018 are as follows:
- Interdisciplinary Central European studies
- Complexity studies from a social scientific perspective
- Democracy, globalization and social-economic polarisation (security, war, violence, changing energy paradigms, water scarcity, causes and consequences of migration)
- Past and present traumatised societies and effective forms of conflict resolutions
- Interdependent aspects of sustainability (social, economic, institutional, political)
- Conflict and cooperation in evolutionary systems and societies
KRAFT: Creative Cities and Sustainable Regions in a Global and European Context – comparative perspectives
Hankiss Centre (open only for young researchers):
- Robotics and ethics
- “Third reality” in the information age
- Digital humanities – trends, applications, results
Big Data (open only for young researchers): data mining and applications of open data analysis for social scientific projects of iASK, teamwork and cooperative research proposals are welcome and highly prioritised
Application deadline: 20 December 2017 (midnight)
Applications should include a completed application form, a research proposal, a signed declaration form, and an academic Curriculum Vitae. Young researchers are to attach 2 professional recommendation letters as well.
Inquiries about the grant should be sent to Izabella Agardi at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For further details please consult the website: Frontpage
Download the Application documents here:
Call for application: DOC
Application declaration: DOC
Application form: DOC
OPEN CALL FOR 2017