About the Project
LANDSUPPORT is a research and development project funded by the EU’s Horizon 2020 program.
The 48-month project is being coordinated by the University of Naples, Frederick II University. The project is a collaboration between 17 institutions from 9 countries, including iASK, and has a total budget of €7 million.
The project aims to develop a web-based spatial decision support system to support agricultural and environmental policy:
to promote sustainable agriculture and forestry,
evaluating trade-offs between land use alternatives, and
support the development and implementation of European land-use policies.
The system developed will provide land use planning information at multiple geographical scales and at multiple levels of the decision-making system, from local to EU level. Solutions at national level are operational in Hungary, Austria and Italy, and are being tested in several EU and non-EU countries, e.g. Tunisia and Malaysia.
The development has resulted in a number of ‘smart’ spatial information operational tools that can be used to facilitate and inform decision-making for specific innovative scientific, technical, environmental and land policy objectives.
The decision support system is easily accessible and usable by anyone, free of charge, after a simple registration.
More information and the system are available at www.landsupport.eu
News & Events
The Filtering Capacity Tool is now online and ready to test!
8th April 2020
It’s a demo version running for two #landsupport pilot areas in Austria and Italy. It is based on a model estimating the filtering capacity of soils of pesticides and fertilizers, developed by Isafom in collaboration with CRISP, University of Milan, Austrian Environment Agency and DISTAR-University of Naples.
The Forest Modelling Lab is now online!
7th April 2020
Developed by LANDSUPPORT partners Isafom in collaboration with CRISP-UNINA and University of Tuscia, it simulates the response of forest ecosystems to management practices, perturbations, climate scenarios. Check it out, and tell researchers what you think –> https://www.forest-modelling-lab.com
Biomass Potential Productivity Tool developed
6th April 2020
The Biomass Potential Productivity Tool is based on the ARMOSA Model, developed by #landsupport partners Isafom, University of Milan and University of Naples Federico II. Below, a scheme showing input and output parameters of the model.
Check the Biomass Productivity Tool: https://www.landsupport.eu/dss-platform
- UNIVERSITA DEGLI STUDI DI NAPOLI FEDERICO II, Italy the Coordinator
- ARIESPACE SRL, Italy
- BARCELONA SUPERCOMPUTING CENTER – CENTRO NACIONAL DE SUPERCOMPUTACION, Spain
- UNIVERSITAET FUER BODENKULTUR WIEN, Austria
- CONSIGLIO NAZIONALE DELLE RICERCHE, Italy
- Crops for the Future Research Centre, Malaysia
- INTERNATIONAL CENTRE FOR AGRICULTURAL RESEARCH IN THE DRY AREAS, Lebanon
- Felsőbbfokú Tanulmányok Intézete /Institute of Advanced Studies, Hungary
- Istituto Superiore per la Protezione e la Ricerca Ambientale, Italy
- RASDAMAN GMBH DE, Germany
- JRC -JOINT RESEARCH CENTRE- EUROPEAN COMMISSION, Belgium
- REGIONE CAMPANIA, Italy
- PANNON EGYETEM, Hungary
- UNIVERSITA DEGLI STUDI DI MILANO, Italy
- ZALA MEGYEI ÖNKORMÁNYZATA, Hungary
- CMAST, Belgium
- ACTEON SARL, France
- UMWELTBUNDESAMT GESELLSCHAFT MIT BESCHRANKTER HAFTUNG (UBA GMBH), Austria
- GOZDARSKI INSTITUT SLOVENIJE, Slovenia